
Winston-Salem now the 'Dash'
What began with over 3,000 submissions from the Winston-Salem community has reached a conclusion: the Winston-Salem professional baseball franchise will take the field in 2009 as The Dash.One comment: TinCaps doesn't sound so bad anymore.
The announcement was made Thursday at the Millennium Center in Downtown Winston-Salem. The team, previously the Winston-Salem Warthogs, revealed their news uniforms, hats and varied logo marks in the new team colors of purple, black, metallic silver and red.
Amen to that brah-dah.
ReplyDeleteWhy do I have Julia Child in my head saying, "A dash of salt...a dash of pepper..."
This is awful. I was thinking more of Diner Dash. How soon until they run some sort of "Dash for Cash" promotion between innings? I hope they don't come up with that and suddenly think it's something "clever". Plus, how in the world is a Dash logo going to outsell a cleverly drawn Warthog?
ReplyDeleteLame.
Maybe we're looking at the meaning of DASH all wrong...
ReplyDeleteThey could have went with PERIODS, SEMI COLONS, TILDES or my personal favorite.....The Winston Salem AMPERSANDS!!!