12/14/2009

Lowe-down

Sorry about that headline. It's early. And it's a story about Mark Lowe ('05).
Lowe said he hasn’t noticed his name in any of the speculation this offseason, although it did surface briefly during rumors of a proposed deal between the Mariners and Tigers.

“I don’t want to go anywhere,” Lowe said. “I love what we’ve got going on and what we’ve got as a team. And I’m home grown. From the day I was drafted in 2004, I’ve spent my whole career with them. I feel comfortable here. Trades are the nature of the beast and we can’t think about it. If you get traded, you get traded. But I don’t want to go anywhere.”

Lowe pitched a career-high 80 innings this year, going 2-7 with a 3.26 ERA and three saves in a team-high 75 appearances. It was a season that put to rest any concern about the health of his right arm after major surgery in 2006 to repair a cartilage defect. The surgery was so comprehensive that doctors originally feared Lowe might not pitch again.
It starts out with stuff about the internet.

No comments:

Site Meter