9/05/2007

Major League Debuts

Congratulations to:

Wladimir Balentien ('04) 1-for-2; 2 RBI

Jeff Clement ('05) 0-for-1

Rob Johnson ('05) 0-for-1

These September call-ups of the Mariners all made their major league debuts last night at Yankee Stadium.

Go HERE and scroll down a bit for some of the stuff on Balentien and the parade of pinch-hitters. A brief taste:

Having his first hit come at Yankee Stadium made it doubly sweet for a right fielder rewarded with a September call-up spot after hitting .291 with 24 homers and 24 doubles at Class AAA Tacoma.

"It feels great, you know, like something I'll never forget," said Balentien, the seventh major-leaguer from his Caribbean island nation. "It feels even more great that I got it done here at Yankee Stadium. The Yankees are one of the best teams ever and I got the opportunity to prove myself and let everybody know what I can do."

No comments:

Site Meter