3/12/2009

Oh, this is SO on...

Back when I first blogged about this, it was just a dream. You could only whisper it. Anything more than a whisper and it would vanish... it was so fragile*.

But, thanks to Ben Hill of Ben's Biz Blog pointing out this news item from the West Michigan Whitecaps, I now have a goal.


Look out Fifth Third Burger. You and me are gonna dance.

*Not a real Marcus Aurelius Quote. That's from Gladiator. Here are a couple of quotes from the Roman Emperor/Philosopher that are a bit more appropriate to this situation:

A man's worth is no greater than his ambitions.

A noble man compares and estimates himself by an idea which is higher than himself; and a mean man, by one lower than himself. The one produces aspiration; the other ambition, which is the way in which a vulgar man aspires.

I guess this means my worth is 5/3 pounds of grilled hamburger topped with lettuce, tomato, nacho cheese, chili, salsa and crunched tortilla chips. AND, I might add, an 8" sesame seed bun. BUT, there is no pickle and no spam as originally intended. I guess that's okay.

Not sure if this makes me noble or mean. I'll let you know during the Timber Rattler visit to West Michigan May 29-31.

28 dies insquequo Oris Dies!

No comments:

Site Meter