1/30/2008

Movin' on up

Randy Wehofer, the radio announcer for the Burlington Bees, has been a friend of mine since I've been in the Midwest League. This could not have happened to a better guy.

"Voice of Bees" to Join Iowa Cubs
After nine years in the front office at Community Field and doing play-by-play on KBUR and KBKB, "Voice of the Bees" Randy Wehofer will be moving on. Last week, Wehofer accepted an offer to join the front office staff of the Triple-A Iowa Cubs as a broadcaster and account executive on their sales staff. Wehofer will remain with the Bees through February 15th.

"This is a great opportunity both professionally and personally for me and my family," Wehofer said. "I get the chance to advance to Triple-A without our family having to go half-way across the country. I'll be joining one of the most respected organizations in Minor League Baseball, I'll get to broadcast with Deene Ehlis and learn from his over 20 years of experience in this business, and Des Moines is a growing community where Joanie and I already have good friends and can feel comfortable raising our family."

Good luck, Randy.

No comments:

Site Meter