3/14/2009

I was thinking about ignoring this....

But, a writer by the name of Kurt Hunzeker over at Seamheads.com has started a series of posts called POD '10. The POD stands for Project Opening Day 2010. The thesis from his first post called How to Build a Team in One Year:

Beginning today and for the next 12 months leading up to Opening Day 2010, I will provide you with an insider’s look into the development and inner workings of a professional baseball franchise, focusing exclusively on the off-the-field operations: ticket sales (group, season and individual), sponsorship sales and corporate marketing, media relations, fan development, community affairs, etc. And since every aspiring player begins his Major League dream in the Minors, that too is where my story will start.

I will enlist the help of consultants comprising today’s top baseball executives to provide their thoughts and hands-on experiences to help shape my fictional franchise. I will hire my staff, hand-picked from colleagues in the industry and from actual applicants to help bring my vision to life. Hell, I may even print business cards.

Post number two is titled Snapping Up a Franchise......you see where this is going? Just go read it for his justification.

I popped into the comments...because I had nothing better to do at 10pm on a Friday night.

I know this is all hypothetical, but as the beautiful saying over at despair.com goes....

Never be afraid to share your dreams with the world, because there's nothing the world loves more than the taste of really sweet dreams.

No comments:

Site Meter