11/14/2009

New manager expected in Bowling Green

Midwest League radio announcer rejoice. Now, they do not have to learn how to pronounce the name Matt Quatraro.

Quatraro promoted, won’t manage Hot Rods
The Bowling Green Hot Rods will play their second season with a new manager after learning Wednesday that former skipper Matt Quatraro has been promoted by the Tampa Bay Rays.

Quatraro will now serve as the Rays’ minor league coordinator, a position he will share with 2009 hitting coordinator Steve Livesey.

The Daily News tried to reach Quatraro by phone, but messages were not returned by press time.

However, in a written statement posted on the Hot Rods’ Web site, Quatraro said he was grateful for the year he spent with the Bowling Green club.

“I am looking forward to the new challenges and responsibilities that come with the position,” Quatraro said. “I really enjoyed my time in Bowling Green and greatly appreciate the support the fans and the front office gave me and the team. I am looking forward to coming back in the 2010 season in a different capacity and supporting the staff and players in any way I can. My goals will still be the same, to develop championship caliber players.”
No word on a new manager for the Hot Rods, yet.

No comments:

Site Meter