2/08/2010

Lesson learned

Efrain Nieves ('09) had a tough year with the Timber Rattlers. He's done better in the World Cup, the Winter League in Puerto Rico and the Caribbean Series.

This article from MLB.com after he picked up the win on Saturday for Puerto Rico has an interesting quote from the youngster as to why he may have struggled in the Midwest League.
"The truth is that I didn't prepare myself for such a long season," Nieves, 19, said. "And as result, I didn't up the numbers that I should have. This year is totally different. I've been working hard every day, running on the beach and working out all winter time. I'm going to be ready this time."
The weird thing is that the article has no context for the comments and just throws it in there. In fact, there is no mention of Nieves before that quote. It's really odd. It may be accurate, but it is odd.

No comments:

Site Meter