2/12/2010

Pictures for the Flashback (LINK ADDED)

This week's Friday Flashback is from an August 8, 1999 Post-Crescent article that followed the Timber Rattlers on a brief two-game road trip to Peoria. There were some pictures by H. Rick Mach that went along with the article. I could only use one with the article on the main website, and it had to be cropped down to fit.

How to use all three? Then, I remembered. I have a blog!

This is the picture I went with for the article. It is the team lined up for the National Anthem before a game at Vonachen Stadium in Peoria. I used it because it was in color. And it shows off the rockin' pressbox they had there. I'd make a "joke" about the Cardinals logo on the facing of the pressbox, but no one would get it.

I liked this one of Enmanuel Ulloa (L) and Melqui Torres (R) because it's just a quiet moment in the clubhouse after a game. And also, because until this very moment, I never knew that Torres was a big Michigan fan. At least I hope that's why he is wearing a hat with a big 'M' on it.



This is PJ Williams on a pay phone. For our younger readers out there, a pay phone is: A public telephone in which payment is made in coins or through use of a calling/credit card before the call is placed. These were big before cell phones. Perhaps next week I can find an ad for 1-800-COLLECT with Eva Savealot.

2 comments:

Nathan said...

you should make a joke about the Cardinals logo at the new stadium in Peoria...

Chris said...

I'll pass on that one and leave it to the guy who runs the Chiefs blog.

Site Meter