2/08/2010

A life goal

One of the things that I must do at some point in my life is get on Jeopardy!. Duk over at Big League Stew had a post up last week that I didn't see until yesterday. This post brings together a couple of things that are important to me...Baseball and Jeopardy!.

Here is the question:

If you were on 'Jeopardy!' and the final category was baseball how confident would you be in making your wager?

The setup is the Clavin Gambit. You're up by a lot heading into Final Jeopardy. Do you risk it all to win a lot or do you leave money on the table.

Duk managed to find a website that has every game of Jeopardy! for the last 26 seasons. And I thought Star Trek fans were obsessive.

There have been 10 times (that he found) in which Baseball was a topic in Final Jeopardy!

I -- being an all-or-nothing kind of guy -- would go for broke. And with an answer like this...I would profit!

5. BASEBALL (9/11/02): "It's the only team to win World Series titles in three different cities for which it played.

No comments:

Site Meter