11/30/2007

Fake snow? I'm laughing at fake snow today

I'm off today. Can't you tell by the time I started updating Rattler Radio? But, if I was I'd have a picture from the left field berm that might show a light dusting of snow on the field. So, I had to chuckle, guffaw, and snort in derision at this story at Ben's Biz Blog.

When Mother Nature Can't Deliver...

Citizens who hail from the fine state of Oklahoma are able to take part in a wide variety of recreational activities, but traditionally none of these leisurely endeavors have had anything to do with snow. It's generally too warm down there for there to be any significant accumulation of the flaky white stuff.

That's why the
Oklahoma RedHawks have once again decided to take matters into their own hands by running their very own man-made snow tube park at Bricktown Ballpark. The park is open every weekend through Dec 16 (and daily from Dec. 21 through Jan. 1), and offers snow-deprived residents of the Sooner State the chance to sit on a rubber tube and then rocket down the largest man-made slope in the country with reckless abandon...

There are many things that I would like to be that I probably never will be...'Snow-deprived' is definitely in my top ten.

No comments:

Site Meter