5/11/2009

Midwest League Action: Games of May 10, 2009

Complete scoreboard

Wisconsin 4, @South Bend 1: Daniel Meadows and company cooled down the South Bend Silver Hawks' bats on Sunday afternoon.

@Quad Cities 5, Cedar Rapids 3: Each of the hits were greeted by a variety of barks, woofs and yelps as Quad-Cities hosted the first of four Tailz 'Er Waggin' Dog Days of Summer games at Modern Woodmen Park.

@West Michigan 9, Clinton 8 (15 innings): "I'm speechless. I was just fortunate to hit the ball out and send it into extra innings," Guez said of his first Whitecaps home run. "I don't think I've hit a more dramatic homer. And it's probably appropriate because this is Breast Cancer Awareness Day, and it's about fighting through things and showing perseverance. We just kept chipping away."

Kane County 18, @Dayton 3: On Mother’s Day, the Dayton Dragons didn’t have anything to write home to Mother about. At least nothing good.

@Lansing 6, Beloit 3: Third baseman Balbino Fuenmayor's two-run home run broke a 2-2 tie in the seventh inning and the Lansing Lugnuts went on to a 6-3 victory over the Beloit Snappers (11-18) on Sunday afternoon at Oldsmobile Park.

Burlington 5, @Great Lakes 4: Bees version | Loons version

Peoria 5, @Fort Wayne 2: “I thought I was safe. Everybody else thought I was safe. He didn’t tag me on my feet. The umpire said he did, but he tagged me up top,” Decker said. “I think it would have been a different game if he would have got the right call.”

No comments:

Site Meter