3/12/2010

Getting to know Cain

Tom Haudricourt has a short piece on Lorenzo Cain ('09) at the Journal-Sentinel Brewers Blog.
Lorenzo Cain had never been through a year like 2009, and it was a bit unnerving for the centerfield prospect.

It’s never any fun getting hurt, especially when you see your career flashing before your eyes.

“It was hard. I had good people around me, helping me keep my head up,” said Cain.

Cain, who began the season on the DL with a hamstring strain, played only four games at Class AA Huntsville before tearing the posterior cruciate ligament in is left knee making a fantastic diving catch in center. He didn’t need surgery but he was shut down for more than two months.

“You have to stay focused,” Cain said of the down time. “It can be depressing. The first two weeks, I was frustrated big-time but I got over it. It tests you.

“But I moved on and focused on getting my knee better and coming back to get a few at-bats at least.”
Click to find out which Brewers player people think Cain looks like.

1 comment:

THE KID said...

I can't figure out how "Sugar" Cain hasn't caught on yet... I was yelling it last year during his rehab stint...???...

Site Meter