10/03/2006

Playoff Blogs

Good news. Two players will be blogging during the playoffs. Bad news. One of the blogs will end after the series.

Michael Cuddyer's Playoff Blog

After celebrating in the clubhouse for awhile, a couple of us went out to dinner at Bellanotte downtown. We just tried to take all it all in. It was a pretty unbelievable day so basically we all sat around and talked about it.

To be able to go take our bags off the truck, that was great. For us to have home field advantage is big. It's not because we're playing the A's and not the Yankees. It has nothing to do with who we're playing, but where we're playing. We're at home where we've been good all year. We've got Johan Santana going in the first game where he's been dominant all year. So we feel good about where we are and our situation.


Barry Zito's Playoff Blog

On a personal note, it’s good to be able to start Game 1. I’ve been to the playoffs four times, and I’ve never pitched that first game of a series. I’ve pitched Game 2 and Game 5, and I pitched Game 3 a couple times, but it’s all on me right now to set the tone for the series, and going up against Johan Santana, you couldn’t ask for a better matchup.

I only faced the Twins once this year, but I feel good about where I am. They’re at home and they’re gonna be comfortable, and the Metrodome is going to be unreal loud, but no matter where you are, if you make your pitches, you’re going to have success.


Nice job with the links, Barry. I'll give you the edge based on the first entry. But, I am still going with the Twins in the series.

No comments:

Site Meter