2/17/2007

What do you think the Tigers were working on?

MLB.com's lead story on their rotating media wall is this:

Tigers pitchers put fielding woes behind
Hurlers not obsessing over infamous World Series showing

It's not the errors. It's the cover-up.

In the wake of the Tigers' World Series record of five errors by pitchers last October, manager Jim Leyland joked that one bright side would be nobody complaining when they have pitchers' fielding practice in Spring Training. Then over the offseason, he said he wouldn't have PFP on the first day of camp, just so players wouldn't tighten up obsessing over it.

He did it anyway. On the first day of official workouts, Leyland sent his pitchers onto the practice fields and hit them ground balls for what might have been the most anticipated round of PFP in modern baseball history. And rather than obsess, his players took their World Series aftermath in good humor.


I know a little something about trying not to make a big deal out of something and then obsessing over it. Like, do I store my all my DVD's alphabetically? Or, do I store them alpabetically by genre (comedy, action, science-fiction)? What should I do about the TV box sets? They aren't movies so should they go on their own shelf? And Family Guy and Fawlty Towers are both comedies, but one is animated and the other is British. Should I have the British shows on a different shelf? Probably, but it would be nice to have the UK version of The Office next to the US version of The Office, but which one should go first?

Where was I?

Oh, yeah. I know a little something about obsessing over the little things.

No comments:

Site Meter