11/08/2007

Oh, to be....

Young, Hungry, Canadian..That is the title of the post at East Windup Chronicle about Team Canada at the World Cup. Did you know that former major leaguer Terry Puhl (of Melville, SK) is the manager of team Canada? You do now.

There is a link to a story at the Baseball Canada website that is all about building togetherness. A member of the 2006 Rattlers has a few quotes:
Mike Saunders (Victoria, BC) is one of those new faces on the team, but he does have some experience with the Senior Team as he was a member of the squad that was in Cuba in for the Olympic qualifier in 2006. He has a recent perspective he can share with those here for the first time.

“When I was in Cuba, (the veterans) did a great job of taking me in and making me feel like one of the guys,” recalls Saunders.

“I think it begins with off the field stuff. Taking the guys aside, hanging out in hotel rooms and doing stuff as a team I think is really important. That kind of stuff really helped me out last year and I think that’s what will happen again this year.”

O, Canada!

No comments:

Site Meter