9/16/2009

Want some Moore?

See what I did there? Of course you did.

The Tacoma News Tribune has this on Adam Moore ('06) for his first day with the Mariners.
Mariners: Catcher called up from Tacoma just in time to watch it rain for several hours

Adam Moore flew all morning to put on a big-league uniform for the first time Sunday – and watch it rain all day as he waited for the weather-delayed doubleheader between the Seattle Mariners and Texas Rangers.

“I played in college about 10 miles from here,” Moore said. “I even had a couple of old buddies call and ask for tickets.”

If he’d given them tickets, they’d have been among, oh, 500 people who showed up at the ballpark to watch a tarp stay on the infield and rain fall for hour after hour.

Originally scheduled to begin at 10:30 a.m. PDT, the first game was eventually started a 3 p.m.

Not that any of that bothered Moore.

At 25, he is considered the best catching prospect in the Seattle farm system, the Tacoma Rainiers Player of the Year and a hitter with a career .301 batting average over four minor league seasons.

“I’m ready,” Moore said. “I’ve talked to (manager) Don Wakamatsu, and I’ll get a game in here and there over the next few weeks. My job is to show them what I can do.”

“Adam had a good year and we’d love to get a look at him up here, but if I had to guess I’d say he’d probably start two games,” Wakamatsu said.

This is from the Tyler, Texas Newspaper

Mineola's Moore Called Up By Mariners
The Seattle Mariners catcher of the future is with the team now.

Adam Moore, a former Mineola High School standout, got the call up from the big club after the Triple-A Tacoma Rainiers were eliminated by Sacramento in the playoffs Saturday.

The 25-year-old hopped on a plane and joined the Mariners on rainy Sunday at Rangers Ballpark in Arlington.

Moore told the Seattle media Sunday, "This is so exciting," he said. "It's a dream come true.

"I got a little sleep on the flight (from Sacramento, Calif., to DFW), but I kept waking up with butterflies, knowing that I was coming back to Arlington, where I grew up watching games. Walking into this clubhouse, knowing that I am wearing a big league uniform now is really something."

Moore is considered one of the gems in the Mariners' farm system and has been rewarded with time in the Big Leagues.
Get it? Moore?

No comments:

Site Meter