1/21/2007

Now, I remember where I saw this

Okay, remember a few days ago when the Memphis Redbirds unveiled their new logo and uniforms?

At the time there was something familiar about their 'M'. Really familiar about the one in the middle of this picture.
Now, remember one of the reasons they wanted a new logo?

"I remember we were at one of the Minor League seminars a few years back and someone was talking about logos," said Chase. "And they hauled our 'M' up there as an example of a logo that was not a very good one, primarily because it would be impossible to trademark. But don't get me wrong, the old logo worked very well for us."

Someone in our office pointed out immediately after I mentioned it where my feeling of deja vu came from.
What was that about trademarks? Kidding. Kidding. The Brewer trademark probably includes those barley thing-a-mah-jigs below their 'M'. There is nothing like that below the Memphis 'M'.

Plus, I haven't seen a good close up of the Memphis 'M'. Once there is one available, I will probably be able to see plenty of differences between to two logos. Think of it as a baseball edition of Slylock Fox presents 6 differences.

No comments:

Site Meter