1/31/2007

Wednesday Baseball Movie Quote

New feature on Wednesday's. I'll pick out a baseball movie and a quote from that movie. What possible external influence could have made me think this was a good idea to do this now? Here's the reason:
The Natural was on cable the other night and I got sucked into it. I know that the ending of the movie is the 180 degrees from the ending of the Bernard Malamud book, but there is just something it that keeps me from turning off this movie when I see it.

And it got to the point in the movie where Iris (Glenn Close) had this exchange with Roy (Redford).
Iris Gaines: You know, I believe we have two lives.
Roy Hobbs: How... what do you mean?
Iris Gaines: The life we learn with and the life we live with after that.
Just kind of struck a cord. This one may continue through the season. There's always another baseball movie out there.

No comments:

Site Meter