1/26/2007

Rejection Theater

Made the mistake of going through some boxes last night. Found my collection of old rejection letters. As part of my continuing attempts at therap...er, humor, I'd like to share.

First one out of the box was dated February 7, 1994 from the Yakima Bears. The thing that got me upon seeing the envelope (yes, I save those, too) was the stamp was only $0.29. This one:


The letter.

Dear Christopher, (I only allow about four or five people call me that)

Thank you for your interest in the Yakima Bears play-by-play position. There were many fine candidates who applied for the job. (And there were many who had no business buying a stamp)

I'm sorry to inform you that the position has been filled. After reviewing over 100 tapes and resumes, the Bears have hired a gentleman with several years of minor league experience. He has been out of baseball for a couple years. Unfortunately, his hiring does not open another position that you might pursue elsewhere. (Tough luck,
Christopher.)

I wish you continued success in your efforts to secure a play-by-play position.

They had nice letterhead and according to the watermark it was 20% cotton.

Next week: Johnstown Chiefs

No comments:

Site Meter