3/16/2007

Rejection Theater (Virginia Edition)

This is a rejection letter from the 1998 job tour is from another hockey team that no longer exists. The Roanoke Express of the East Coast Hockey League sent this on some of the nicest and highest quality letterhead ever used for a rejection letter.
July 27, 1998

Dear Mr. Mehring:

Thank you for your inquiry about employment opportunities with the Roanoke Express. We appreciate your interest in our team.

Although your background is impressive, we currently have no openings that match your skills and qualifications. We will keep your resume on file for review should we have an opening for which you are qualified.

Again, thank you for your interest. Best wishes for success in your career search.

Well, at least my background was impressive and they thanked me for my inquiry and interest. I wonder if my tape and resume are still on file in the archives of whatever arena the last hockey team to have played in Roanoke.

I also wonder how that career search is going.

No comments:

Site Meter