3/27/2007

Bobby!

Just happened to wander into the conference room yesterday and the ESPN spring training game was on the TV. Who happened to be pitching for the Reds? Bobby Livingston (WI '03).


The Reds won 5-0 over the Red Sox and Bobby received a no decision. Here is his line: 5IP, H, 0R, BB, 4K

MILB.com took notice of Livingston's performance and had this story:

Livingston tightens Reds' No. 5 race
Considered for rotation with Belisle, lefty matches Matsuzaka

Livingston more than held his own against the Red Sox and Japanese superstar Daisuke Matsuzaka on Monday. The lefty allowed one hit over five scoreless innings but received a no-decision in the game won by Cincinnati, 5-0. Livingston issued one walk and struck out four.

"I was really happy with the way I pitched," Livingston said. "I think I could have thrown my curveball a little better. But I threw my other pitches well, and I thought I hit my spots well today."

Livingston's most challenging inning was the third, when he allowed a single before walking Matsuzaka. He got out of it with a ground-ball double play and a strikeout.

In five spring games, Livingston has a 1.23 ERA, having allowed two earned runs over 14 2/3 innings.

"He gives us a lot of confidence in him that [will be evident] if not in the beginning of the season, definitely some time during the season," Reds manager Jerry Narron said. "That's great to see."

No comments:

Site Meter