3/30/2007

Rejection Theater (Final Edition)

This will be the last entry in Rejection Theater. Not for lack of rejection, but the season is starting soon. There will be plenty of other things going on to write about.

The letter today is from 1993 when I was between WKTS in Sheboygan and going back to school at UW-Superior. It's from, well, I'll let it be a surprise for the end.

Dear Chris:

I received your resume for future employment consideration with __________. Thank you for your interest!

Unfortunately, we have no suitable positions available at the present time and I do not anticipate any changes in our staffing needs in the near future. However, I will gladly keep your resume on file for six months should we at some point require an individual with your experience and qualifications. Please keep me informed of any changes in your address or phone number, in the event an opportunity arises at a later date.

Thank you again for your interest in WEST MICHIGAN BASEBALL; I hope we will have the opportunity to meet at some point in the future!


Yep, a rejection letter from the team that would become the West Michigan Whitecaps. The ALL CAPS were my touch in the last paragraph. The two exclamation points in the letter were not mine. Who puts two exclamation points in a rejection letter? One that is followed by the word "Unfortunately" is bad enough! Isn't it!?!?!

No comments:

Site Meter