3/09/2007

Rejection Theater (Wyoming Edition)

Summer 1991. If the US Postal System turned a profit that year, it was because of me. There were about 100 tapes and resumes sent out to various mid-market radio stations around America.

One of them went to sports director Troy Derengowski of KCGY/KOWB in Laramie, Wyoming. This radio station was owned by Curt Gowdy, which would have been sooooooo cool. But, on August 5, 1991 a hand-written letter was mailed from the Gowdy Broadcasting studios to a certain C.J. Mehring. This letter showed that I never had a chance:
Christopher --

My name is Mike Chisholm. I'm the sports dir....I replaced Troy Derengowski in June of '90.

I received your resume + tape. We will place it on file, unfortunately we have no opening at this time. (sorry)

The tape sounded good, Hope you're able to find work soon--

Thanks for sending info anyway.


This may be the most depressing rejection letter in my collection.

No comments:

Site Meter