11/02/2007

With Big Papi as my co-pilot (Pt II)

If you have read this blog, you know my aversion to ground level hotel rooms. This hotel in Miles City, Montana gave me a below ground level hotel room. I did not realize that the dowel to lock the window was not in the track until the morning. Next time, I'll know.

Where was Big Papi? Getting a jump on the day.

To reward him, we stopped at a baseball field near the Montana-North Dakota border.



Here's a tip. When you are driving to the east in the morning, the sun will get in your eyes.
One thing that the West has on the Midwest is the view behind rest areas. Theodore Roosevelt National Park.

If you clicked on that link above you saw the following quote from TR about the Badlands of North Dakota: I grow very fond of this place, and it certainly has a desolate, grim beauty of its own, that has a curious fascination for me. Yep, that sounds about right, Teddy.


The capitol building of North Dakota in Bismarck is, um, underwhelming. But, it is 241'-8" tall and nicknamed "The Skyscraper on the prairie" What is that statue in the middle distance?
Pioneer Family by Avard Fairbanks. Dedicated in 1946.

And a statue of Sacajawea, or Sakakawea as she is known here, is over by the ND Heritage Center.

West Acres Mall in Fargo, North Dakota. What could be in here that would possibly interest David Ortiz?

This is a replica of the monument that is in Yankee Stadium.

That is all I have on this trip. Not that there isn't anything to see between Fargo and Appleton. Just that I didn't feel like taking pictures.

No comments:

Site Meter