8/14/2008

Well done, Joel

When I need a refresher on Midwest League history...when I need an idea for a PLAYBALL! article...if I just feel like rooting around in the history books, I head over to Joel Didna's Midwest League Guide. I have had a link to it ever since I started Rattler Radio.

Kevin Czerwinski of MILB.com has an article on Joel.
While the Midwest League probably won't be rushing out to name its MVP award after Dinda, the circuit should acknowledge what he's done over the last dozen or so years. Dinda, a project manager for the state of Michigan, began compiling a Midwest League record book and history section, and today the result of his work is MWLGuide.com. It's a web site dedicated to the Class A circuit, 800 pages strong and loaded with stories, stats, anecdotes and historical information that's difficult to find anywhere else.
...
"I do it because basically it's my local league," Dinda, 59, said. "I started out as a South Bend fan because they were the closest team to me, but then other teams got closer. It seemed interesting at the time and still seems interesting. It keeps me remarkably busy.
Great site and nice article.

No comments:

Site Meter