10/21/2008

Two for Tuesday

Took a look at Joe Woerman's blog today. Joe ('06) has a post about movies, but there is a special guest blogger who pops in with a post, too.
Howdy Fans and Friends! Rob Johnson here with the Seattle Mariners and Peoria Javelinas. I come to you on this Saturday night from my home in Peoria, AZ. Its only fair to give a little background about myself and my family. So here goes. I am a proud native of the great state of Montana. I grew up in a small town, Whitehall, Mt,(pop. approx. 1000) and later moved to the big city of Butte, Mt,(pop. approx 30,000). Growing up in Montana, baseball is not the highest of priorities for young athletes, but my dream of making it to the big leagues dates back as far as I can remember. One reason that baseball seems like a far and distant dream in Montana is that we don't even have high school baseball. Interesting, but true. Consequently, I played American Legion ball two months out of the year.
Catchup with the catcher from the first part of the 2005 Timber Rattler season.

Joe at the Movies:
This week I wanted to touch on some movies, cause I cant seem to think of much to write. I know that Tuesday (oct 21) the movie that changed my life forever, in the form of pure terror, is hitting the shelves on DVD. This movie that I would like to share with you is not for the grandparents, or say, anyone with a heart condition. The suspense that is created from the very start is enough to make you sweat like a used car salesman who just got caught flipping back odometers. Dadadadadadadada (drum roll).. the movie is The Strangers. You might have already heard of it, you might not have, but please let me be the first to recommend this terrifying thriller. The movie itself, is a very straight foward plot. Liv Tyler is one of the main characters, and does a great job horrifying me. Not too much gore-ish graphics, but where that lacks, its made up with creepy music and heart stopping surprises. I cant wait to purchase my own copy.
Read the whole thing to find out what Joe's favorite movie is. If you are too lazy to click on the link....

No comments:

Site Meter