10/25/2008

Meet Carl


Greetings, baseball fans. I understand that some of you may be new to Rattler Radio. Because of that, you may be unfamiliar with the figments of Mehring's imagi...er...with some of the guest bloggers who pop up occasionally.

My name is Carl, the Rain-Hating Camel. I usually post when there is rain in the forecast for Timber Rattler games. As it says in my name, I hate rain, especially when it interferes with my enjoyment of a baseball game.

You see, there is a superstition that Mehring picked up somewhere (who can tell? He is mad -- actually quite mad). There is a superstition that the appearance of a camel will keep the rain away. He has stats: 60% of the time it works every time.

The Timber Rattlers don't need me for another five or six months, but my camel sense picked up the possibility of rain in Philadelphia tonight. I really want to watch Game Three and can do without the postponement. I even rummaged through the boxes in the carport of the trailer to find the directional antenna that will allow me to pick up the Fox station out of Green Bay. You see, the Fox channel isn't on the cable system because....What? Oh, leaving that one alone for now? Very well.

Anyway with all of the effort, I would hate for the rain to wash out Game Three. So, that's what I'm doing here...956 miles from Philadelphia.

No comments:

Site Meter