10/28/2008

A Day in the Life

For some reason, Joe Woerman ('06) titled his latest blog entry October Sky. I would have gone with the Beatles song or the Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn novel over an okay late 90's movie. But that's just backseat blogging.
Moving on... Id like to explain my daily routine here in AZ. I usually wake up around 7:30 and drive to the stadium. Once there, I make a golden brown waffle, lightly smothered in peanut butter and syrup. I sip a hot coffee and attempt the crossword puzzle. I normally flip through a magazine, Yachting magazines and gaze over multi-million dollar ships I only dream of driving. By that time its out to stretch I go playing light toss and running before batting practice. You can find all the pitchers on the right field line fine tuning their pitches, spitting seeds and basking in the warm morning sun before the boringness of BP starts. Batting practice is my least favorite thing to do on a day to day basis. Too much standing around, but someones gotta do it. After watching my fellow teammates wack the ball around the yard for an hour, we all migrate back into the clubhouse to munch on an assortment of goodies. Cold cuts, cereal, salads or maybe another waffle. There is a solid hour and a half before everyone starts to trickle out to a 12:35 start. Down in the bullpen, all kinds of mischief is happening. Actually, its pretty PG-13 and laid back down here with this group, but Ive seen some wild activity in some past bullpens, like mini bonfires, or booger eating for money contests. Seems like the game flies by and is over before you know it. Now if I were pitching that day, I try to plan an inning in advance to start moving around and getting the blood flowing before doing some stretching. Phone rings, they call your name, and you start to get loose. Thats the fun part.
There's more like Oktoberfest with the Woerman family in San Diego. But, I don't think that I can honestly pull anything else out of that post to top boringness and boogers.

1 comment:

stpetric said...

Wow! A blogger who refers two of my favorite artists -- the Beatles and Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn -- in the same sentence! Can't beat that.

Site Meter