12/11/2008

Rule 5 stuff

Baseball America is covering the Rule 5 draft at their Prospects Blog.

So far, the only ex-Rattler I've seen on the list is Andrew Barb. The Rattler closer and all-star in 2007 was selected by the Orioles in the Double-A phase of the draft's fourth round. This strikes me as odd, because, I thought that Barb retired after the 2007 season.

Lou Palmisano, a Racine native (Mehring is an idiot note...Palmisano is not from Racine. He mixed up Palmisano with Vinny Rottino.) and former Beloit Snapper, is now with the Astros. Baltimore selected Loooooou with the fifth pick and traded him to Houston.

If there are more selections involving ex-Rattlers, I'll update this post later.

4 comments:

parkside21 said...

It would seem to me that Houston now has their catching woahs solvdd. Palmisano is from Racine? Hmm, guess I didn't know that. I knew of Vinny Rottino, but not LouPa too.

That said, the few things I read and stats I saw about Eduardo Rolan sounded like there's a chance he could have a future.

THE KID said...

Vinny, UW-L alum.

WAR EAGLE!!!

Chris said...

Whoops. Vinny Rottino is the Racine native. Palmisano is not.

Nice catch, Josh.

parkside21 said...

Mehring is not an idiot. Mehring just spends too much time scouring over Venezualan Winter League statistics. Mehring also probably watches too many MacGyver reruns. Soon though. Soon Mehring will have hometowns of all Brewers farmhands put to memory. If not, he will be forced to listen to 24 hours straight of "Love Shack", courtesy of The Kid and his beloved Bombers.

Site Meter