4/17/2009

Scenes from the Road -- Clinton, Iowa (UPDATED)

Here is the actual song list played over the PA system at Alliant Energy Field from right before the pre-game show last night.









And apparently, Travis Tritt wants all of the embedding codes for Where Corn Don't Grow removed.

Life on the road in the MWL.

ADDED: The Kid had a question in the comments about at bat music. I think when I get back, I should put together a post about everyone's at bat music.

Also in the comments, Deedub chimed in with a little love for Charlie Rich. That kind of comment always reminds me of that one scene from Super Troopers. You know the one...

Farva: Let me tell you another funny story, New Jack. Back in '74 the great Charlie Rich was named country musician of the year. Then, in '75 he had to hand the award off to the new winner. And you know who that was? Mr. Sunshine on my GD shoulders, John Denver.

Rabbit: Really?

Farva: Can you believe it? Replaced by John F-N Denver...

Rabbit: Amazing.

Farva: Well I'll be dammed if Mr. Rich didn't pull out his cigarrete lighter right there and light that award on fire in front of everyone.

6 comments:

THE KID said...

Not a bad lineup...

And as long as we're talking about music...

What is Sean McCraw's entry music?

It's quite catchy but i'm frightened to say i like it just yet because i'm afraid it has something to do with...River Dance.

Unknown said...

Dropkick Murphys - I'm Shipping up to Boston. It's also the Gamblers entry song

THE KID said...

Thanks Jay!!!

What a relief cuz that intro gets me going. And after some YouTube'n it's pretty obvious once the lyrics kick in it's not remotely related to River Dance (not that there's anything wrong with that...).

I'm pretty limited in my music (read: mostly stuck in the 80's) and i've either got the iPod plugged in, the radio on sports talk or a game (1280 on your am dial) or a CD of my choosing. This does not lend itself to discovering new music and i am going to be looking more into these angry, angry men from Quincy, MA.

But i'm not going to tell them that I thought one of their songs was River Dance nor that i hate the Red Sox...that'll be our little secret.

Thanks again.

THE KID said...

Excellent idea Chris. Looking forward to that post.

On a totally unrelated note....Can we get a W please?

WAR RATTLERS!!!

parkside21 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
parkside21 said...

Kid, we finally have something in common regarding music! I'm a big Dropkick Murphys fan. That type of music is not in my regular wheelhouse, but I have a couple of their CDs and totally dig Warrior Code. I highly recommend it. They are also big baseball fans, and I believe the last song on that album is a tribute to the Red Sox. If I ever run into you at a game, remind me to let you borrow it. I also have a couple of their other albums, but they are a tad too "heavy" for me. Warrior Code is a bit more mellow, if you can say that.

"Shipping up to Boston" is also featured heavily in the great movie, The Departed, which is how I first became familiar with them.

Site Meter