12/23/2007

Thanks, Ben

Benjamin Hill of Ben's Biz Blog has an article up that mentions his belief that the Timber Rattler home jersey is his favorite Class A uniform. His thinking:
The "S" in "Rattlers" resembles a snake with a baseball curled within its tail. It is a thing of beauty.
Our farm cousins in Everett get a little mention as the best home cap in Short Season ball:
This particular toad appears to be feeling the hallucinogenic effects of licking himself.
Very 60's, man.

Also, from Ben is this post about something that the Philadelphia Phantoms of the American Hockey League did before their season got into full swing.
Over the course of the summer, two members of the club's front office staff (along with a rotating cast of special guests) visited a grand total of 20 of the city's cheesesteak establishments. After each visit, they updated their website with the results of their latest mission.

This not only resulted in a comprehensive (and mouth-watering) compendium of Philly cheesesteak shops, but also provided the club's website with a virtual boatload of fresh content. Of course, this got me thinking that Minor League Baseball clubs should appropriate the Phantoms' idea.
The Summer of the Steak website for the Phantoms is HERE.

Since Ben titled his post Steal This Idea!, I was thinking about a way to tie that in with the Timber Rattlers.

My first thought was beer and different brew pubs in the area. My second thought was breakfast at some of the area restaurants. My third thought was how can I expense this? My fourth thought was "What the heck are they doing?" (I was watching the Packers get beat by the Bears as I was doing this).

After that, I stopped and decided to see what would pop into my head when I wasn't thinking about it.

Stay tuned, folks. I'll either come up with something half way entertaining, someone else on the staff will come up with something even better, or I will forget all about this until sometime in July.

No comments:

Site Meter