3/08/2008

What it means to me

And by me, I mean the Timber Rattlers. And by it, I mean Brett Favre's retirement. And by what, I mean this:

Favre Celebrity Softball Game Faces Uncertain Future

Brett and Deanna Favre said besides Brett's retirement from football, the family is going to take a break from the charity work that they do, and re-evaluate their charity efforts next year.

They confirmed there will not be a Brett Favre Celebrity Softball game at Fox Cities Stadium this spring.

"I know that will disappoint a lot of people but, honestly, we both are really tired," Deanna Favre said.

For a venue that doesn't offer football, thousands of Packers fans crowded the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers' Grand Chute stadium every year for the celebrity softball game. Now after seven years the game is on hold and faces an uncertain future.

"It wasn't a complete shock that we heard he wasn't going to be playing the game this year, but at the same time, a little disappointing," said Rob Zerjav, president of the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers.

I haven't written anything about the retirement of the Packer QB. Maybe later, once baseball season is over or I need a post or two during a deadspot in the schedule. However, I did need to point you to the awesomely named Chuckie Hacks, where you can find a series of posts named Pre-Favre QB's. So far there are three:

Anthony Dilweg

Randy Wright

Alan Risher

No comments:

Site Meter