10/09/2008

Where would you go....

for an NLCS preview?

Well, I can't answer that. But, I can tell you where I would go for a preview of the Dodgers-Phillies series that starts tonight.

Alyssa Milano's blog.

Bring on the NLCS!
On the eve of the NLCS, I am sitting here typing away as a nervous wreck. Everyone around me, is predicting a Dodgers-Red Sox World Series. I hold my breath when they speak of it. I knock on wood. I cross every limb. Funny how superstitious one gets when the thing you want so badly is completely and totally out of your hands.

Could you imagine a Dodgers-Red Sox World Series? Torre against his old rivals. Manny against the team still paying his salary and the fans that turned against him. Wow. Emotions will run high.

But first we have to make it past the Phillies. They have a lot of lefties in their lineup. I wonder how we will match up considering our lack of lefty pitchers. Sometimes, the numbers kill me. Stats are an important part of the game. And on paper, this looks like it may be a tough series for us. The stats don't cover heart and chemistry though. If we can pick up where we left off last week, I think we are unstoppable.
She then has a link to a YouTube video. Embedding of the video has been disabled, so here is the link.

A little nervous on clicking that link? Here is a push. Solid Gold, Queen's We Are the Champions, Jay Johnstone*, and a "comedy" routine from Wayland Flowers and Madame

Consider this link Alyssa Milano approved.
Image swiped from her blog.

*I should have asked Mr. Johnstone about this when he was the speaker at the Welcome Home banquet a few years ago.

No comments:

Site Meter