4/02/2009

Look at me! Look at me!

That's is exactly what I thought when I saw this item.
Susan Levin, a staff dietitian for the Washington-based Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine, sent a letter to the Grand Rapids minor-league team on Tuesday. She's asking that the 4,800-calorie burger be labeled a "dietary disaster" that increases the risk of cancer and heart disease.
Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine is a vegan advocacy group or something. No link because they are already getting more attention than they deserve.

My thoughts...with bullet points to make it seem more thoughtful:
  • Does something like the Fifth Third Burger really need a warning label? I'm an adult and I know exactly what I am getting into by ordering one.
  • I'm not trying to convert Vegans to become Carnivores who eat yummy, delicious, grilled animals. I don't think you're going to convince me with press releases, direct action, or, well, anything to tell the absolute truth.
  • Are there anymore Famous Dave's ribs or BBQ chicked in the conference room? Lunch was catered in today.

2 comments:

THE KID said...

Amen brother.

But i guess we could all see some group grabbing this story and calling attention to themselves right?

I've always been a "to each their own" kinda guy, but don't go pushing yours on me.

I think Ms. (and i'm just speculating here...) Levin needs to go to an Uncle Teddy (Nugent) concert and lighten up (Frances).

"Kill it and grill it"

Sarah said...

I hate to admit it, but Nugent's show was actually pretty entertaining. (I will NEVER admit that in a court of law. :)

Something tells me that when you see the kid behind the counter dumping a whole bag of Fritos onto your bun followed by a pound of cheese, you know EXACTLY what you're getting yourself into...

Site Meter