9/13/2009

Midwest League Action: Games of September 13, 2009

The West will have a Game Three

@Cedar Rapids 4, Burlington 1
From the Gazette Online
Manaurys Correa is known simply as ‘Pollo.’ His friends in the Dominican Republic started calling him that a couple of years ago, and it’s stuck.

You even hear people in the stands at Memorial Stadium yelling encouragement via his nickname.

“Everybody calls me ‘Pollo’ because they say my face looks like a chicken,” the gregarious Cedar Rapids Kernels pitcher said with a smile. “I don’t know why. I like it.”

Correa was absolutely dinero (money) in Game 2 of the Midwest League’s Western Division championship series Sunday afternoon, pitching 7 2/3 innings of beautiful baseball to help the Kernels keep their season alive via a 4-1 win over the Burlington Bees. It comes down to a deciding Game 3 tonight at Memorial Stadium, thanks primarily to ‘Pollo.’

“I think that was a great game,” Correa said. “I knew I had to throw strikes down in the zone, and that’s what I did.”
More in the morning.

The East will also have a Game Three

@Fort Wayne 9, Great Lakes 4

Details on that in the morning, too.

No comments:

Site Meter