12/10/2007

is why...

Lookout Landing has been doing community projections for the 2008 season for Mariner players. Today, Jeff has what best could be described as a love letter to former Rattler JJ Putz as part of his stat projections.

JJ Putz is why I laugh to myself whenever I hear about another team going out and spending a lot of money on an established veteran reliever.

JJ Putz is why, for the rest of my life, I'll always be willing to give another chance to people like RA Dickey who try to turn their careers around by learning a new pitch.

JJ Putz is why Thunderstruck is my go-to song to celebrate any big win in any sport, and why I always blast it whenever it comes on the radio.

JJ Putz is why Brian Roberts can't sleep at night in fear of belated revenge.

JJ Putz is why the Mariners were able to win so many more games than they should've in 2007.

JJ Putz is why Francisco Rodriguez isn't the best closer in the AL West.

JJ Putz is why Kenji Johjima knows how to give fist love instead of high-fives.

JJ Putz is why we have memories like the Barry Bonds, Alex Rodriguez, and Manny Ramirez game-ending strikeouts.

A post like that is why I check in on Lookout Landing. Click over there to read the rest of the list.

No comments:

Site Meter