3/09/2008

Some goals

There are a few things that I would like to do to improve the site before opening day. But, since I'm still the one posting on here, better writing is probably not going to happen.

So, here are a few things that I'll be working on in the next few weeks:

Return of the How Long? posts. I started doing those How long has it been since [random major league team] won a pennant and a World Series posts late last year. The plan was to have them finished up before the start of this season. That plan failed. The new goal: Have them up by the end of the season.

Labeling. Since the upgrade to the new Blogger, there is a place to tag the posts with labels to make it easier to navigate around here. The goal: Label all posts...starting tomorrow.

A Regular Post for Every Day of the Week. The Wednesday baseball movie and the Thursday Motivation posts will probably stay through the season. I may go back to the Sunday Reading post. Or, I may try something else for the Sabbath. That leaves, what? two other days....um, make that Monday...Tuesday...Friday...Saturday................Four other days. As always, I have plenty of ideas. The follow-through is what counts. The goal: Figure this out by the home opener.

Decide whether Keep It or Drop It. This Date in Baseball History was the regular daily post during 2006. I'd like to continue that, but may want to spruce it up a bit. The goal: Figure out if it stays in the same form, stays in a modified form, or is dropped completely for another new daily feature entirely.

Update the Blogroll. There are some interesting blogs and websites out there that I haven't gotten around to adding to the blogroll. Blogs like The Bucky Channel, Baker's Blog, Bleeding Teal and Blue, No Rhubarb!, Sportsbubbler.com with The Daily Drink and...wait a minute?....I don't have USS Mariner over there yet. What an idiot I am! No Alyssa Milano link either? !?!?!! Geez, how do I miss this stuff? Let me know if there is anything else I'm missing. The goal: Update the blogroll by FanFest on April 1.

More about What's Happening!! No, not the awesome TV show with Raj and Rerun. More about what is happening around Time Warner Cable Field at Fox Cities Stadium. If you're reading this in a 90-mile radius of Appleton and don't come out to the games or know what promotions, I'm not really doing my job...Or I at least can't use this blog as an excuse for why I'm not doing my job. The goal: Let you know what's happening!!!

Heck, Why Not. I've looked at a lot of posts over the last two years, especially the ones that link to other articles. There isn't much commentary from me. Just a snarky one or two line response to a long excerpt that may or may not be in context. The goal: Better writing with a bit more original content by, oh, heck, I don't know when, but I'll give it my bestest shot, gosh darn it.

Update the Look of the Blog: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I have no idea how to do this. I'd like to get a decent banner for the top of the blog with a Rattler logo and an old time radio. No pictures of me. We all know how those turn out. The Goal: I may need a little help, but something by at least the home opener.

Those are some goals I've set for myself. Is there anything you would like to see? Drop me a line through an e-mail or a comment on this post. I'll either ignore it or obsess over it. That would probably depend on if I skipped breakfast that day.

That's it for the day. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

No comments:

Site Meter