2/05/2007

One last Super Bowl note...

Now, I like Van Halen. Both the David Lee Roth and the Sammy Hagar versions. But, if you're the Colts and you've just won the Super Bowl, do you really want to have the NFL play this song immediately after the game.

Hey, Baby, Whew!
I know that you believe in me,
That's all I ever need, uh huh.
No, No, nothing's gonna stop me,
Nothing will be scaring me, oh no
Hey baby, it's the only way out
Oh, little darling,
C'mon what's it all about?

Standing on top of the world
For a little while.
Standing on top of the world
Gonna give it all we got.

Now, I am squarely on the side that We Are the Champions is an incredible cliche by now, but there had to be a better choice out there....like nothing. Letting the Colts bask in their achievement, maybe?

Lombardi didn't get carried off the field in Super Bowl II to the strains of My Way.

No comments:

Site Meter