6/22/2007

Throwback Friday (6/22)

I love it when other people not only do my job for me without me knowing, but also do it better than I could.

Jay has this at the main Rattler site and it is worth a look.

Throwback Friday: 1982 Appleton Foxes

The Foxes were coming off a disappointing 1981 season in which the team had gone 54-80, but started 1982 fresh with a new manager, Adrian Garrett. Garrett had spent eight seasons in the Majors, playing for four different teams before embarking on a managing career.

Led by OF Daryl Boston (.279, 15 HR, 77 RBI) and P Mike Tanzi (league leading 2.22 ERA) the Foxes compiled a 81-59 record, the third best in the league behind Madison (87 wins) and Springfield (83). Appleton swept the Springfield Cardinals in the first round, 2 games to none. In the Championship Series against the Madison Muskies, the Foxes won the deciding game three to claim their first Midwest League Championship since 1978.

No comments:

Site Meter