5/31/2008

Back to my old school

MiLB.com had their new The Farm's Almanac up a few days ago. The main story has to do with some Kane County Cougars rooting for and following their old college teams as the NCAA Tournament is in full swing.

There is a Timber Rattler tie in there:

The situation is much different for Wisconsin Timber Rattlers outfielder Gavin Dickey, who was drafted in the 12th round in 2006 out of the University of Florida. Dickey had been a starting outfielder for the 2005 Gators team that advanced to the College World Series championship, ultimately losing to Texas. However, the coaching staff of that team was overhauled following last season, with head coach Pat McMahon replaced by Kevin O'Sullivan. Now, familiar faces are few and far between in Dickey's old program.

"I haven't even gotten a chance to meet the new staff. I spoke with one of my coaches I had when I was there before the season and a couple of guys I played with, but I haven't met the new guys," Dickey said.

No comments:

Site Meter