1/03/2009

Guest blogger (1/3)


Hey, Paulie Walnuts here!

Mehring asked for the day off today because he's on one of them, whatchacallits, sabbaticals. Something about gathering his forces and becoming a little more intense as the season approaches.

Personally, I think he just slept in, ran out to do some errands, and got distracted by something shiny. Now, he wants to watch some football afternoon.

By the way, I can give you some good numbers on the Colts @ Chargers this afternoon and Ravens @ Dolphins tomorrow. Call me. Looking for action on Eagles @ Falcons? The heck with that. I wouldn't touch those purple-wearing...Oh, I apologize. Gotta remember my manners since this is a family blog.

So with that in mind, I'm gonna leave you with this thought:
You add up all your mortal sins, multiply that number by 50, then you add up all your venial sins and multiply that by 25. You add them together, and that's your sentence. I figure I'm gonna have to do about 6,000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6,000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I could do that standing on my head. It's like a couple of days here.
Oh, and I'm supposed to say something in Latin at the end of this post. The only Latin I usually know is nomine patris et fillis et spiritus sanctum, but here goes:

96 dies insquequo Oris Dies.

2 comments:

Patrick Murtha said...

Awesome guest blogger!

Seriously, I grew up in northern New Jersey, a stone's throw from the Meadowlands, and recognize *all* the Sopranos locations (you should hear me shouting when I watch the DVDs).

Walt Whitman, Bruce Springsteen, and The Sopranos, those are New Jersey's enduring contributions to world culture.

Jean Pierre Bolivia said...

I am hearing you Murtha...you should hear me shouting when I wake up in the middle of the night. Dragons everywhere. And so angry! The boss is cool though, I'll give you that.

Site Meter