12/10/2006

One more down memory lane

In a few hours the Packers will play the 49ers in a meaningless regular season game.

The guys over at The Wisconsin Sports Bar have been remebering when Packers-Niners meant something with a couple of different posts:

Going back to 1995, a happier time when the Packers vs. the Niners meant something

This was the late Saturday Divisional Playoff Game in 1995. The Packers were given no shot to win the game against the defending Super Bowl Champions.

I had to watch the first half in a hotel room full of Canadian hockey players in River Falls, Wisconsin. This was when I was broadcasting UW-Superior hockey and the team took off for Hunt Arena right at halftime. I listened to the rest of the game on the radio.

Going back to 1996, a happier time when the Packers Vs. the Niners meant something

The 1996 game was a Monday night game and I watched it in my basement apartment in Superior. The Packer were down 17-6 at halftime when a friend of mine called me. We complained about a lot of what was going on in the game.

We must have called back-and-forth about six times during the second half and overtime before Chris Jacke kicked a 53-yarder for the win.

I'm just hoping that the Packers can score some points today.

No comments:

Site Meter