3/02/2007

Rejection Theater (North Carolina Edition)

This is from the 1998 Job Search Tour. This letter from the Charlotte Checkers of the ECHL is dated August 12 of that year:
Dear Mr. Mehring:

Thank you for your interest in a position with the Charlotte Checkers as a broadcaster/media relations director. I have reviewed your resume and listened to your tape and while both were very impressive I must inform you that the decision has been made to go in a different direction.

With your permission I will keep your resume and tape for future reference and will contact you should the situation here change.

Thanks again for your interest in the Checkers and the best to you in the future.

Respectfully,

President and General Manager
Charlotte Checkers Hockey Team, Inc.

I always wonder was direction they went. Was it with a different broadcaster/media relations person? Was it to hire a part-time radio announcer and a full-time media relations director? Did they decide to scrap radio and media relations completely? Are my tape and resume still on file in the basement of the Charlotte Checker offices? I gave them permission to keep them.

A few of the things that keep me awake at night.

No comments:

Site Meter