4/11/2008

Carl's cousin

Hi, Timber Rattler fans. It's me, Carl, the Rain-Hating Camel, again. I am so mad right now that I could spit. Yes, I know that ungulates can spit for no reason at all, but this is different. It's raining again and it continues to mess with the start of my season...my.baseball.season.

Sadly, I wasn't enough to stop this streak of bad weather. I didn't want to do this, but, I hate the rain so much, that I'd like you to meet a member of my family who hates the rain more than I do. We camels have a saying: Double the humps; double the hate.

Without further delay I'd like you to meet my cousin, Brick, the Bad Weather Hating Bactrian. Hi, Brick.

Hi, Carl. Thank you for the forum today.

Timber Rattler fans, Brick will get right to the point and open with &%@)^#$@, this %@@&#()_!! weather. Know what Brick is saying?? Brick is not going to apologize for the bad language. Brick just hates the weather so much right now that Brick should not be held responsible for what is coming out of Brick's mouth.

Brick's species is from the steppes of eastern Asia. The weather isn't the greatest there, but this is re-*@*?()dicu-%@#$!(*-lous! Ghengis Khan was easier to work with than this weather and at least the Mongol hordes never caused the cancellation of a baseball game.

Remember the lyrics from that one song by The Clash? You know which one Brick is talking about? The one that goes: One day a real rain will come and was the scum off the streets. Brick thinks that the scum on the streets is the weather. Brick also thinks that referencing a song by The Clash is 50 times more awesome than Carl's referring to a CCR song yesterday. You need anarchy to fight the elements and Joe Strummer and the boys more anarchy stored in their humps than CCR has down on the corner. Creedence Clearwater Revival? Bah! Are there any words in there that make you want to curse Mother Nature? Brick didn't think so. The Clash! Fight the Weather! Q.E.D.

Brick got sidetracked. Brick will apologize for that.

What does Brick have to do? Don't answer that. Brick will tell you what Brick is going to do.

How does that one whiny saying go: Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness. That may work for darkness, but here is a saying Brick uses for bad weather....Better to curse the weather than to stand around getting wet and cold and not playing baseball!

So, I curse you, weather. May you travel the emptiness of the endless steppes of my homeland without rest or favor or thanks until you let this team play. May your attempt to find aid and comfort be met with disdain and contempt.

How do you like that sparse vegetation, Mr. Weather? Not much? Brick didn't think so.

Thank you, Brick. For that, um, interesting presentation. I hope that it helps.



You're welcome, Carl. Brick was happy to do what Brick could do. Go Rattlers!

Ah, yes. GO RATTLERS!!

2 comments:

Patrick Murtha said...

One day and Carl has a spin-off? :)

Of course, I like Brick, too, albeit Carl is a little more...refined (for a hating camel). Of curse you don't learn refinement around the Mongol hordes (maybe they get a bad rap?), as I'm sure Brick would remind me.

With possible snow on the horizon tomorrow, I wonder what new animal spokesman may appear...

Chris said...

I think that we are going to hold the caravan at two for right now.

No need adding to the cost of doing business with no games being played.

Site Meter