5/12/2008

What century is this?

I must admit that, growing up in Wisconsin, the following headline grabbed me, shook me, and reminded me of the Homer Simpson line...

Did we lose a war? That's not America! That's not even Mexico!

Cougars make pitch for earlier liquor sales
Kane County Cougars baseball fans could start imbibing a bit earlier on Sundays if county officials approve an earlier time for the liquor license at Elfstrom Stadium.

County Board members are expected to approve the earlier time -- which would allow alcohol to be served beginning at 11 a.m. instead of noon on Sundays -- at the County Board meeting Tuesday.

The request for the amendment to the county's liquor code came from KC Concessions, which holds the liquor license for the Kane County Cougars Baseball Partnership.

The concessions business said it has many corporate outings that start as early as 11 a.m. Sundays in the picnic area behind the stadium in advance of the normal 2 p.m. game start.

As early as 11am? When I bartended a million years ago, some of my customers were on their third Bloody Mary of the day.

Illinois is different.

No comments:

Site Meter