10/23/2009

Only posting this to reference one of my favorite movies

Brewers’ Braun to open restaurant in Lake Geneva
Milwaukee Brewers outfielder Ryan Braun is part of an ownership group that is opening a fine-dining restaurant in Lake Geneva.

The Ryan Braun Tavern and Grill will be open in late November or early 2010 in an existing restaurant space that is being extensively renovated, said Nez Balelo, Braun’s Los Angeles-based agent. Balelo declined to disclose how much Braun is investing in the project, saying he is part of a group that includes several business executives from Chicago and Lake Geneva.
I only have advice to pass along from a great movie that I make sure to watch at least once a year during the season.
The Duke: What are you doing?

Jack: What am I doin'? Arithmetic.

The Duke: Arithmetic? Maybe I can help you. I am an accountant.

Jack: I was thinkin', after I turn your ass in and collect my money...I'm gonna open up a coffee shop.

The Duke: How much are you getting for me?

Jack: That's not any of your concern. But I'll tell you just to tell you. A hundred thousand.

The Duke: A hundred thousand? Would you take a hundred thousand to let me go?

Jack: Not by a long shot.

The Duke: Two-hundred thousand?

Jack: I never took a payoff in my life, and I won't start with someone like you.

The Duke: Why not?

Jack: Because you're a [redacted] criminal. You deserve to go where you're goin', and I'm gonna take you there. If I hear any more [censored] out of you, I'm gonna bust your head...put you back in that [redacted] hole...and I'm gonna stick your head in the toilet bowl and make it stay there.

The Duke: I have to tell you, a restaurant is a very tricky investment. More than half of them go under within the first six months. If I were your accountant, I'd strongly advise you against it.

Jack: You would? You're not my accountant.


The Duke: No, if I were your accountant...


Jack: I told you, I took you out here...

The Duke: No, I'm just saying that it's a very tricky business...and if I were your accountant, I would strongly advise you against it...as an accountant.

Jack: You're not my accountant.

The Duke: I realize I'm not your accountant. I'm saying, if I were your accountant.

That last part translates better in the first 40 seconds of this clip...

No comments:

Site Meter