4/28/2010

Rules (4/28/10)



WIS 2
PEO 4

Boxscore | Game Story

A list of Gibbs' Rules that were broken tonight:

Never let suspects stay together. Bottom of the seventh. Two run lead. Two suspects on base to start the inning. Not only did they score to tie the game, the guy who followed them scored as well.

Never take anything for granted. I will admit that I broke my own rule here, folks. I'd apologize, but that's a sign of weakness and never apologizing is another rule.

Always wear gloves to a crime scene. One error and one misplay that resulted in a HUGE extra swing tonight made it tough to hold on for the win.

Never, ever involve the lawyers. The Rattlers tried to take the extra base on the Chiefs in the second, fourth, and ninth. They weren't close plays and the umpires made the right calls. But, it would have maybe been a little better if they didn't need to make the calls.

A rule that was not broken tonight:

Leave when the job is done. Nice job by Efrain Nieves tonight. He did his job with five scoreless innings and left when his job was done. He has not allowed a run in his last two outings (Nine innings).

Mehring's Rule: Get 'em tomorrow.

1 comment:

THE KID said...

We're not even a month in and i've already broken one of the rules i set for myself.

I said i wasn't going to get sucked in by the Brewer hype machine like i did last year...and we know how that turned out.

I said i was just going to enjoy each game for what it was...a chance to watch some (hopefully good) baseball in Wisconsin.

Well, If I'd have had the energy to get off the couch last night and get to this computer...my words may not have been this measured.

I've got to rededicate myself to just enjoy each game, win or lose.

And like my golf game, if i shoot like crap, i'm "ticked off as all get out" for a bit, then cannot wait to get out there again and do better.

Cannot wait for tonight...Bring it Peoria!!!

Site Meter