5/09/2006

Side-By-Side Comparison #1

Since I promise, I will deliver. But, only a taste for today. I hope for a more extensive post tomorrow or Thursday.

My thesis is that the Swing of the Quad Cities uniforms are the ugliest in the history of baseball. To do this, I offer visual proof via a fun tool with all of the uniforms in the Major Leagues that you could ask for at the National Baseball Hall of Fame Website and pictures from ejsmith.com

Okay, a side-by-side comparison of the Swing of the Quad Cities road uniform and the 1974 Atlanta Braves road uniform.
























Swing jersey: Uptown Orange. Or is it Big Band Tan? I'm not real sure. The differently sized numbers don't show up real well in this picture, but it give you an idea of the horrors to come. Yes, that is a saxophone on the helmet.

Hank Aaron hit home run number #714 in this uniform and it is the only reason this blue & cursive script jersey top should be remembered.

No comments:

Site Meter