4/10/2008

Introducing

Hi, Timber Rattler fans. My name is Carl, the Rain Hating Camel. I realize that hate is a four letter word that should never be used. But, in this case I think that we can make an exception.

Like you, I enjoy to take in a Timber Rattler game on Time Warner Cable Field at Fox Cities Stadium. But, not in the weather that you have been having in the Fox Cities. May I just say, "Blech."? I think that I will. "Blech!"

I'm a pretty easy-going camel. Need me to walk over 1,000 miles of desert with a heavy load on my back? No problem. Want me to give tourists three-hour rides around the pyramids? Easy as falafel. But, when it starts raining as much as it has lately, well, my unique eyelids begin to flutter and you had better stand back.

Bluntly, the weather right now deserves our hate, scorn, and derision.


Look, I don't need much water to survive because when the fat stored in my hump metabolizes, it becomes an energy source for me that acts like water. You need to drink water to survive, but I'm guessing that you are pretty sick of seeing it fall from the sky and wreck the start of my baseball season. Mine!!

The forecast ahead is, in a word -- "crummy". But, this dromedary has faith. To answer John Fogerty's existential question: Who'll stop the rain? I, Carl, the Rain Hating Camel, will.

And, if it doesn't stop, I will shake my hoof at the sky and like Lt. Dan in Forrest Gump I will scream, "Is that all you got?!?!" Because it stopped raining right after that in the movie.

You can thank me by coming out to a Timber Rattler game.

3 comments:

THE KID said...

Aumont is probably a little too young to realize the greatness that is the "other" Canadian power trio...Maybe Michael Saunders is a fan though... And I cannot think of a more fitting song right now to pair with Carl the Rain Hating Camel...

We passed the point of no return
How can we make amends?
All alone I watch the candle burn
Burnin´ at both ends
Nothin´s ever gonna change
Can tears wash away this pain?

Tears in the rain
Here it comes again
I´ll never know the reason why
I cry these tears in the rain

The time has come to make a stand
We´ve waited much too long
Nobody´s gonna lead us by the hand
How could we be so wrong?
We lost the chance to play this game

Can tears wash away this pain?

Tears in the rain
Here it comes again
I´ll never know the reason why
I cry these tears in the rain...

I know why? It's freak'n raining again!!!

We'll see you Saturday afternoon.....or maybe next Wednesday afternoon...or maybe in June...

Chris said...

I've always preferred:

Keep up your spirit, keep up your faith, baby
I am counting on you
You know what you've got to do

Fight the good fight every moment
Every minute every day
Fight the good fight every moment
It's your only way

Patrick Murtha said...

Carl is a most interesting camel. I like his diction. And since I am an animal person all the way, he is automatically a favorite with me.

But as anyone who has been around camels will tell you: watch out for that spit!

Site Meter